1. Parenting

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Susan Adcox

Grand Photo of the Week: Happy New Year

By February 6, 2013

The Chinese New Year is a perfect holiday for celebrating with grandchildren.

The Chinese New Year, that is. The 15-day celebration that begins on Feb. 10 offers lots of opportunities for fun with the grandchildren. Teach them to prepare some traditional foods. Give a gift of money in the traditional red envelopes. Make paper lanterns for the final celebration, Lantern Day. And don't forget to take lots of photographs. The New Year is also a time to visit with family and to mend any damaged relationships. That's a tradition that perhaps all families should adopt.

Photo Acasha King

Follow me on Twitter | Visit me on Facebook

More Featured Photos on About.com

Comments
February 6, 2013 at 10:46 am
(1) phylameana says:

They look so happy in their new clothes. Celebrating the Chinese New Year with your grandchildren is a wonderful idea.

February 6, 2013 at 12:46 pm
(2) Grandma Kc says:

What a wonderful picture! While I was aware it was Chinese New Year I don’t know if Amara is. Guess Grandma better check!

February 6, 2013 at 2:43 pm
(3) Nancy says:

What a completely adorable photo!

I agree – families do need to set aside time to reflect on the past year and mend fences, if necessary, before beginning the new one.

February 6, 2013 at 5:55 pm
(4) imaddy says:

What a beautiful picture. I think my kids like the red envelopes the best about Lunar New Year. LOL!!!

February 6, 2013 at 8:38 pm
(5) NSGill says:

With the sun rising noticeably earlier each day this really does seem a happier time for the new year and why not around Imbolc instead of the winter solstice? Those are lovely outfits.

February 11, 2013 at 8:04 am
(6) Joyce says:

What a lovely way to introduce the crafts and traditions of another culture. It doesn’t hurt that these colorful projects brighten up this dismal time of year!