The Name and Web Address of My Blog
How Long I've Been Blogging and How Often I Post
I started in late 2011 and I try to post at least twice a month.
Why I Decided to Become a Blogger
I love writing. I had been working as a brochure and web copywriter when I was forced to retire unexpectedly. With no immediately obvious outlet for my need to keep writing, I discovered blogging, and my son started me off.
What I've Learned and What Rewards I Have Enjoyed
I have learned that many people are interested in my life experiences, in my memories, in my life in Greece on the beautiful island of Corfu, and, of course, my experiences as a grandma of Anglo-Greek children.
The rewards include the pleasure I get from writing, the new friends I have made and the knowledge that my writing is good enough to amuse and interest people.
- Don't fall in love with your own words. Keep paragraphs short if you don't want to lose your readers' interest.
- Use photos that are relevant and preferably your own.
- Don't be afraid of humour.
- Equally, don't be afraid to be serious.
- Keep away from gossip, malicious wit and rumour. Keep it clean!