Helpful Information for New Grandparents
By Susan Adcox, About.com Guide
Grandparents today come in many types, some traditional and some not. Having a grandparent name that suits your personality is important to many grandparents. There is no reason to be called Grannie unless you choose to be.
- Choosing Your Grandmother Name
- Choosing Your Grandfather Name
- Quiz: Which Grandmother Name Is Right for You?
- Quiz: Which Grandfather Name Should You Choose?
- Handling Conflicts Over Grandparent Names
A lot of the work of becoming grandparents is done before the arrival of the little one, as you adjust to the coming changes and prepare an environment that will reflect the love in your heart.
- Ten Tips for Grandparents-to-Be
- Baby Shower Tips
- Helping Out When a Baby Is Born
- Your Grandbaby's First Year
In spite of their reputation, not all grandparents like to shop. A certain amount of shopping may be necessary for new grandparents in order to properly welcome the new arrival. This useful information will make it easier for shoppers and non-shoppers.
The number one concern of most grandparents is the safety of their grandchildren. In this ever-changing world, grandparents may need a crash course in keeping grandchildren safe.
Although the birth of a grandchild is a joyous occasion, it can come with unexpected developments. Being armed with knowledge will help you, your grandchild (or grandchildren) and the parents.