Enjoying Spring and Summer With Grandkids
By Susan Adcox
When grandparents host grandchildren for a few days, with special outings and activities, some people call that Grandma Camp. Of course, Grandpa is most likely involved as well.
Summer's not the only time to travel with grandchildren, but it's one of the best times. Hints about destinations, lodging and activities will help you make the most of your summer explorations.
- Grandparent Camp for Multigenerational Fun
- Top Cities to Visit With Teens
- Walt Disney World in Florida
- Las Vegas Family Vacations
- Family Vacation in the Bahamas
- Five Great Outdoor Destinations
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- San Diego Zoo
Helpful Travel Hints
Once you've decided on a destination, you may still need some advice. Make getting there half the fun, and plan for some awesome activities once you've arrived.
- Tent Camping
- Five Ways to Save Money on Travel
- Kid-Friendly Lodging Ideas
- Packing Tips for Travel With Grandchildren
Fresh air, sunshine, cool water--these are the ingredients for outdoor fun with grandchildren. Share some of these old-fashioned activities with them, and they'll forget all about video games for a while.
Summer Toys and Games
Sometimes you want to pick up a special toy or two for the grandkids, especially toys that encourage outdoor fun. Here are reviews of some you might want to consider.
Rainy Day Activities
Even in the summertime, baby, the rain must fall. On those days when you're stuck inside, here are some fun things to do with the grandkids. Or perhaps a short drive in the rain will bring you to another place to explore.
Summer's the perfect time for multigenerational celebrations. Plan something special to bring the whole family together.
- Special Birthday Celebrations for Grandchildren
- Your Grandchild's Wedding
- Baby Shower Tips for Parents and Grandparents
- FAQs About Grandma Showers
Although summer brings special fun, it brings special hazards, too. Most are connected with the water. Here's what you need to know to keep the grandkids safe and healthy.