The Bottom Line
- Fun for all ages
- Encourages creative improvisation
- A great introduction to kids' board games
- Some will be frustrated by the game's lack of structure.
- For ages 5 and up
- For 2-5 players
- Can be adapted for team play
- Can be played with or without the game board
Guide Review - Don't Make Me Laugh: A Kids' Board Game That's Pure Fun
Yes, the players move tokens around the board according to the numbers on a die, but that's about the only similarity between a conventional kids' board game and Don't Make Me Laugh Jr. Most throws require the player to draw a card and do as the card directs, which can take several forms:
- The player may have to act something out on his or her own.
- The player may draw a charade card. The player who gets the answer gets to move two spaces.
- The player may have to choose another player and act something out.
- All the players may have to act something out.
For an extra measure of hilarity, there's a clown nose and spaces on the board that direct players to either wear the clown nose or choose someone else to wear the clown nose. There's also an area known as Lolo Land that can slow a player down or allow one to go ahead. This feature is a tiny bit like Chutes and Ladders, but the effect is much less drastic.
Make Me Laugh Jr. is a kids' board game that will tickle fun-loving families. Those who are highly competitive, who love games of strategy or who simply tend toward the sober side may not enjoy it at all. That's okay. More clown nose time for the rest of us!