Humor and grandmas are natural go-togethers, so when we are the target of good-natured fun, we have to take it with a smile. Enjoy these funny grandma quotes from contemporary wits.
- Rita Rudner, stand-up comedian
"My grandmother was a very tough woman. She buried three husbands and two of them were just napping."
- Jean Kerr, author of Please Don't Eat the Daisies
"When the grandmothers of today hear the word 'Chippendales,' they don't necessarily think of chairs."
- Jeff Foxworthy, comedian and TV host
"Changing a diaper is a lot like getting a present from your grandmother--you're not sure what you've got, but you're pretty sure you're not going to like it."
- Henny Youngman, comedian known for one-liners
"My grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle."
- Ellen DeGeneres, comedian and talk-show host
"My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is."