The Bottom Line
- Delightful illustrations
- High quality literature
- Old-fashioned games and finger games
- Not a good fit for more modern grandmothers
- 352 pages
- List price $24.95
- Edited by Lena Tabori and Alice Wong
- Published by Welcome Books
- Heavy paper stock
- Sturdy binding
Guide Review - The Little Big Book for Grandmothers - A Great Gift for Grandparents
If you are a grandmother who likes to think of a time when life was simpler and, perhaps, sweeter, do we have a book for you! The Little Big Book for Grandmothers contains dozens of favorite stories, poems, songs and games that many grandmothers will remember from their own childhoods. Now they are resurrected for grandmothers to share with grandchildren.
Here's a sample of the contents:
- "The Bremen Town Musicians"
- "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
- "Little Nancy Etticoat"
- "Polly Wolly Doodle"
- "Grandma and Bunny Brown"
- Freeze Tag and other old-fashioned games
- Recipes for "Momma Bread" and "Nana's Scones"
There are also pages of "Grandmother Says" and nine different finger games. Remember "Here is the Church"?
The line of Little Big Books began in 2000 with The Little Big Book for Moms. The series now has over two dozen titles. Grandmothers might want to also check out The Little Big Book for Girls and The Little Big Book for Boys.