1. Parenting

Susan Adcox

Grand Photo of the Week: Tacky Sweater Tradition

By December 19, 2012

Toddler grandchildren can rock the tacky Christmas sweater as well as their grandparents.

This toddler proves that you're never too young to participate in a tacky sweater party. In my family the wacky tradition is a gift exchange where participants get the chance to "steal" the other participants' gifts. Do you have any zany holiday traditions? Leave a comment below.

Photo M. Saunders

Follow me on Twitter | Visit me on Facebook

More Featured Photos on About.com

Comments
December 19, 2012 at 9:44 am
(1) Kerry says:

My daughter is dying for a tacky holiday sweater this year. Wouldn’t you know, it’s perhaps the only year in history where tacky sweaters are hard to find. Maybe I’m just looking in the wrong places. Suggestions welcome!

December 19, 2012 at 10:01 am
(2) grandparents says:

Kerry, I just remarked to my daughter that I bet Christmas sweaters are being snapped up immediately at the Goodwill Store. You might check less well-known resale shops, or poll friends and family and borrow one. After all, most people only want to wear one once or twice during a holiday season, so why not pass them around. The other possibility is to buy a plain sweater and DIY. That could be a fun project!

December 19, 2012 at 10:33 am
(3) phylameana says:

Ha! I thought tacky sweaters were only worn by the 40+ generations.

December 19, 2012 at 2:21 pm
(4) Nancy says:

We always have some gifts with funny “givers” on the tags, usually related to the item inside the package. For example, a cooking-related item might be labeled, “From Bobby Flay.”

December 19, 2012 at 5:10 pm
(5) Newlyweds Guide says:

I don’t know if it’s zany, but my father makes a traditional Neapolitan nativity scene that features the actual creche at the center and representations of Italy on one side of it and the United States on the other. There are lights, music, mini waterfalls and ponds, and even live plants. It is different every year, takes up an entire room of my parents’ home, and usually ends up staying in place until Easter.

December 19, 2012 at 8:42 pm
(6) Grandma Kc says:

What a little cutie she is!! I love Christmas sweaters! And living in southern California I have come to love Christmas t-shirts!

December 19, 2012 at 11:35 pm
(7) NSGill says:

I love Christmas sweaters, too.

December 20, 2012 at 12:04 am
(8) imaddy says:

She is rocking the Christmas sweater. Such a cutie. Happy WW.

December 20, 2012 at 7:38 am
(9) Donna says:

Such a cutie! And maybe she’s starting a new trend, the Christmas headwear, too.